Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Video Dreck From My Past

Yes, I'm getting a bit carried away with this digitizing of my sordid past. Continuing in my current vein of crass video narcissism (see my MySpace blog for some show clips I posted the other day), here's a few bits of various things I made for video production classes in college. Why should you care? Hey, I ain't forcing you to click them.

No, they're not art, just the last-minute hack jobs of a talentless young punk- but they still make me laugh. And it's been so many years since they've seen the light of day (rightly so). Man, the equipment these were edited on is about today's equivalent of a little Flintstones bird chiseling them onto a rock. And how about that sweet Character Generator! I'd also like to point out that this was all done before I got into theatre, so I didn't have any "real" actor friends to help me out....

Enjoy. Or not. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyway, the first clip is a provocative documentary about a famous American tragedy. With the arrow in the middle, the still image on this looks a bit Magritte, doesn't it? Incidentally, our teacher was Dr. Hart, who told us not to put his name on our stuff- so of course we did.



The next clips are part 1 and 2 of my 12 1/2 minute epic, "The Shirt". I think about 25% of it is the credits. I really should have used a tripod once in a while on this one. And yes, I did get a shot of gas prices specifically so that twenty years hence, we could look and marvel. It stars my friend Matt, who now works at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Lab and still has that same beard. Lecram claims that he actually saw "The Shirt" when it was shown on the local access cable channel. That would have been.... 1988? Good God.





And finally, we continue the theme of clothing adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home