Monday, February 06, 2006

Free Stamps, Part II

I think the USPS got wise to my free stamp racket and is clamping down. The other day I got somebody else's mail. Mind you, this isn't unusual, particularly with the junk mail I still get for former residents of my apartment. My favorite is the special offers I get from Camel cigarettes- almost good enough to make me take up smoking. But this was to the wrong address entirely- rather, the right address but the wrong street. I won't give out my address here in a medium where I don't even use my real name- wait! No, Zonthar is my real name! I, uh.... screw it. Anyway, let's just say that my street and this other person's street are only about a mile apart, both start with V, have the same number of letters, and end with S. The printing on the letter is kinda small, so I can understand mistaking one street for the other. Fine. And I figured this was something this person would need, so I'd be nice and send it to him. I wrote "Delivered to wrong address" and dropped it in a mailbox. Couple days later- yup, it was delivered right back to me, with my handwritten note and all. Dumbasses. Gave me a good laugh, though. "Ha Ha", I laughed heartily, then added "TWICE" to my note, circled the address, wrote the right street name in big letters, and sent it off again. It hasn't come back yet, but I wonder if the Man is trying to send me a message.......

1 Comments:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

They are scoping you out, man! Yeah, I just love how my tax stuff always ends up at the neighbor's place.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home