Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Free Stamps!

I went to my neighborhood post office today to 1.Send "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" back to Netflix, and 2.Buy some 39-cent stamps (Notice how nobody uses the "c" with a line through it anymore to signify "cents"? Didn't it used to be on a standard typewriter up there on top of the numbers with the dollar sign and the ampersand? It's sure not on my keyboard now. I'm sure I could do some "Insert symbol" thing and stick it in here, but that's a pain in the ass).

A book of 20 stamps is $7.80, but I have six $1s and a 20. I only need a couple in the near future and I don't want a bunch of dollar coins in change, so I put in a dollar, buy two stamps, and then reach into the change slot, where..... somebody walked off and left their change and a whole book of stamps! Wow! Who would do that? The only other people there were a woman who was waiting for me to finish (the story of my life with women), and another one who had been doing something at the counter near the machine, but left before I started (also a typical experience). My natural overdeveloped guilt instinct kicked in after I walked out- maybe I should have tracked down the woman who just left, maybe I should have tried to figure out who they belonged to- but really, whoever it was had walked away and I got over my guilt pretty quickly. Free stamps! Huzzah! The odd thing is, the stamps all have little electronic chips on them, marked "Property of NSA". What could that mean?

5 Comments:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

There're in to you , man!

I know this island on the west coast of....

8:58 PM  
Blogger Dragion said...

You are a bad bad person... now go to my room! (evil grin)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Zonthar said...

Yes, Mistress Dragion. Right away, Mistress Dragion. Forgive me, for I am but a worm.

5:40 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Can worms be spanked?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Zonthar said...

Well, they have two butts.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home