Sunday, November 19, 2006

Welcome Gamers!!

Okay, so I was checking my blog stats to see if actually posting something after months of inactivity had made any significant difference in site traffic. It did, and it shows me there are actually folks out there who care (*sniff*). I also noticed something strange- a couple visits from people who had Googled "Zonthar" (and I liked it). Now, I have been Zonthar ever since my KFSR days. Thought then that I made it up entirely, but in recent years I've realized I probably subconsciously ripped it off from the thrilling 1966 classic "Zontar, Thing From Venus". SCTV- of which I was a huge fan- even did a whole 90-minute episode based on "Zontar". So, I've been forced to admit that I actually have zero creativity, except that the "h" is all mine. Anyway, I've held onto "Zonthar" because it's fun, easy to remember, and I've only ever found a couple other people on the web who also use it. So, I was surprised when not one but two people, from different countries, had specifically typed "Zonthar" into Google recently and visited my blog. That didn't seem to be a random misspelling. Was someone searching for me? Was my meager, unexciting blog quietly gathering a worldwide following? Considering that these visitors had spent a total time of 0:00 viewing the page, I thought it unlikely. Then, I saw more "Zonthar" searches in the following days. What the hell was going on here? I Googled myself- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that's good.........- and discovered that apparently this new PC game has some sort of puzzle sequence that has to do with something called Zonthar, and people are looking for hints. I feel rather violated by all this, quite frankly. I seriously thought about posting some sort of joke link on here for gamers to follow, but then I decided maybe it would be best to not bring the rage of multiple geeks down upon my humble blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

"multiple geeks". feeling a bit territorial, are we?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Zonthar said...

I say "geeks" with immense respect.

4:19 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

So, in level 3 how do I buy that titanium penile implant from Mogambo without giving away the evidence I've already collected. Also, how can I stop those mocking emails from The Pheonix... they make me want to cry.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Katie :) said...

But screwing with the minds of gaming geeks is so fun.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home